Trust Us as Your Alloy 254 SMO Pipe Distributor
You want a reliable alloy for your pipe products. Come to James Duva Inc., where we provide durable 254 SMO stainless steel products. We include high contents of molybdenum, nitrogen, and chromium when making 254 SMO, which makes it perfect for high chloride environments. In fact, 254 SMO exceeds Alloy 825, Alloy 20, and Alloy 904L in chloride resistance.
This alloy is also compatible with other common austenitic stainless steels, which makes it ideal as a replacement. In cases where Type 317L or 316L fails from chloride stress, pitting, or crevice attacks, try 254 SMO. Not only is this alloy more technically adequate, but it is also a more affordable replacement for titanium and nickel-based alloys
If you’re unsure if 254SMO will fit your company application needs, check out these common applications:
- Brackish water
- Chemical processing equipment
- High chloride process streams
- Food processing equipment
- Gas and oil production equipment
- Pulp mill bleach plants
- Desalination equipment
- Tall oil distillation columns and equipment
- Seawater handling equipment
Don’t see your specific application listed? Call us at James Duva, where our team has years of experience. We will help you determine if 254 SMO will fit your company production needs.
254 SMO is stronger than other common austenitic stainless steel grades. It also has high ductility and impact strength. Here are some other benefits from using 254 SMO.
- High resistance to general corrosion, crevice, pitting, and chloride stress
- Strength greater than 300-series austenitic steels by 50%
- Endurance against intense impacts
- Workability and weldability
|0.02||19.5 – 20.5||0.5 – 1.0||1.0||6.0 – 6.5||0.18 – 0.22||17.5 – 18.5||0.03||0.80||1.01|