Description of Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel
Find the Best of Both Worlds with Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel
Why Duplex Stainless Steel
For jobs that require reliable steel strength and good corrosion resistance, Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel is the key. Because this Duplex stainless steel is both ferritic and austenitic, it combines the top benefits of both alloys.
In the past, builders would have to sacrifice corrosion resistance in exchange for a strong and flexible steel. However, with its high chromium and molybdenum levels, Duplex 2205 stainless steel will resist corrosion and cracking while maintaining an excellent degree of strength.
Typical Applications of Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel
Along with water treatment and electrical industries, 2205 is useful for a wide variety of industries, as found in several different products. For instance, this alloy is particularly helpful for:
- Heat exchangers, pipe, and tubes
- For handling oil and gas
- In desalination plants
- Pressure vessels, pipe, and tanks
- For processing and transporting chemicals
- In process industries for chloride handling
- Rotors, shafts, press rolls, and fans
- Cargo tanks, welding consumables, and piping for chemical tankers
- For any task where filaments undergo extreme stress, fatigue, rust, or temperatures, using our 2205 (duplex) steel reduces the need for replacements and repairs.
What is responsible for Duplex 2205 Stainless Steel durability and strength? 2205 stainless steel has these useful traits:
- High crevice and pitting resistance
- Low thermal expansion
- Higher heat conductivity potential
- High stress, fatigue, and erosion resistance
- Uniform corrosion resistance
- High sulfide stress resistance
- This type of steel has many uses. Its particular chemical composition solves many of the common problems engineers face with weaker alloys.
|0.030||21.0-23.00||Bal||2.0||2.50 – 3.50||0.08 – 0.20||4.50 – 6.50||0.03||0.02||1.0|