Come to Us for Reliable Nickel Alloy 200
If you need durable, magnetic, and thermal conductive material, choose Alloy 200. At James Duva, we supply first-rate Alloy 200 all across the nation. Rely on us as your Alloy 200 pipe distributor.
The unalloyed nickel in Alloy 200 makes the material resistant to harsh chemicals. This means it can withstand alkaline, acid, and neutral salt combinations. For instance, this material can resist alkalis, even in its molten form. However, oxidizing salt blends may cause damage.
Corrosion resistance differs depending on concentration, aeration, and temperature. Non-aerated acids have less corrosive impact on Alloy 200. Dry gases stored in room temperature also have no effect on this material.
Alloy 200 works well for storing and transporting food, soaps, and chemicals. This material can handle fluorine, phenol, viscose rayon, benzene, methane, and ethane. Use nickel Alloy 200 as a container in the following situations:
- Handling food – Fruit juices, cool brines, and fatty acids won’t corrode the container
- Producing fluorine – The reacting hydrocarbons won’t damage the interior layers
- Producing soaps –Alloy 200 resists heat up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit, making it a heat safe storage for viscose rayon
- Producing chlorination hydrocarbons and hydrochloride—Alloy 200 easily stores ethane, methane, and benzene.
Additionally, Alloy 200 makes great heat exchangers because of the thermal and electrical conductivity.
Our Alloy 200 products include:
- Bar 1″ – 6″
- Butt-Weld Fittings 1/2″ – 8″
- Flanges 1/2″ – 8″
- Pressure Fittings 1/2″ – 2″
- Seamless Pipe 1/2″ – 8″
- Tubing 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 1″
- Weld Pipe 8″ – 12″
Additional details include:
- ASME SB161, SB162, SB366, SB160, SB564
- ASTM B161, B162, B366, B160, B564
Nickel Alloy 200 has immense tensile and yield strength. The tensile strength (KSI) reaches 58, and the yield strength (KSI) reaches 18. For Megapascals (MPA) measurements, multiply the KSI by 6.895.
Visit our contact page to let us know how we can help you, or call our friendly staff at 908.526.1222 to order our durable Alloy 200.
- Food production, such as the handling of cool brines, fatty acids and fruit juicess
- Vessels in which fluorine is generated and reacted with hydrocarbons
- Heat exchangers
- Storing and transportation of phenol – immunity from any attack ensures absolute product purity
- Manufacture and handling of sodium hydroxide, particularly at temperatures above 570 ̊ F
- Production of viscose rayon and manufacture of soap – general corrosion resistance and virtual immunity of intergranular attack above 600 ̊ F
- Production of hydrochloride and chlorination of hydrocarbons such as benzene, methane and ethane
- Excellent resistance to many corrosive media from acid to alkaline.
- Extremely high resistance to caustic alkalis including the molten state.
- Resistance to mineral acids varies according to temperature and concentration and whether or not the solution is aerated. Corrosion resistance is better in non-aerated acids.
- In acid, alkaline and neutral salt solutions, Alloy 200 shows good resistance, however, severe attack occurs in oxidizing salt solutions.
- Resistant to all dry gases at room temperature.