Optimize Your Equipment with Alloy 800HP
Because of its unique ability to sustain extreme temperatures, Alloy 800 is ideal for construction tasks and materials. James Duva is a highly specialized alloy 800 distributor that will work with you to get you the best alloy for the job.
This nickel-iron-chromium alloy has several desirable traits. First, the chromium helps resist corrosion and oxidation while the nickel resists cracking from chloride stress-corrosion. The iron element also resists to internal oxidation, and all these elements together create a completely durable alloy.
Each metal contributes something useful to the overall makeup of alloy 800, but the special combination of titanium and aluminum levels make this alloy especially useful for high temperature applications.
This alloy works well in construction, but “construction” encompasses quite a few different industries. The list below gives you outlines how others use alloy 800, 800H, and 800HP:
- Heat treating equipment: baskets, trays, fixtures
- Chemical/petrochemical processing: heat exchangers and piping systems
- Nuclear power plants: super heater and re-heater tubing
- Paper and coal conversion plants
Anything that involves high temperature reactors, quench system piping, or convection tubing will typically require an alloy similar to 800 because of its ability to deal with extreme temperatures.
- 800 HP avoids creep and stress ruptures even above 700° C (1290°) because of increased Al & Ti content.
- Resistance to sulfurized atmospheres with commonly reduced and oxidized surroundings.
- Good metallic durability at high temperatures over time, or long-term.