James Duva Inc.: Your Alloy 321/321H Pipe Distributor
Do you need new pipes for your factory or plant? Since 1978, Jame Duva Inc. has assisted companies in fulfilling their specialty piping needs. One of the many products we carry is alloy Alloy 321/321H stainless steel. We specialize in alloy 321 pipe, alloy 321 flanges, alloy 321 bar, alloy 321 plate, alloy 321 tubing, and alloy 321 bar.
General Properties of Alloy 321/321H
We mix the following stainless steel metals together to form alloy 321/321H:
These ingredients create a stainless steel that prevents the formation of chromium carbide, also known as oxidation or rust. This makes alloy 321H a perfect solution for companies that process liquid chemicals. Chemicals used for expansion joints, refinery equipment, chemical processing, or thermal oxidization will all cause other types of metal to rust. You can protect your equipment from rusting when you use alloy 321/321H.
Benefits of Alloy 321/321H
Pipes, fittings, flanges, and bars made of alloy 321H provide benefits for your business. Here are the two biggest benefits you’ll notice after using alloy 321H:
- Resistance to corrosion. As we mentioned above, alloy 321H stainless steel provides supreme resistance to corrosion and oxidation. This resistance to oxidation adds to the creep strength of the metal, meaning the ability of the metal to maintain its shape. Other metals rust when they come into contact with chemicals, which changes their actual shape. Alloy 321H doesn’t do that; it has enough strength to handle almost any chemical.
- Welding. Alloy 321H is an austenitic stainless steel, so when you heat it to 1800°F, the metal becomes soft and malleable. In fact, many consider the alloy 321 H one of the easiest metals to weld because titanium reinforces its shape and it does not easily crack.
If your company wants to purchase pipes in alloy 321/321H, give us a call at 908.526.1222. Our sales staff can answer any questions you have and make sure you select the right metal for your business.
- High temperature chemical process heat exchanger tubes
- High temperature steam service
- Immune to intergranular corrosion when heated within the carbide precipitation range.
- Titanium addition eliminates the formation of chromium carbides at the grain boundaries by typing up the carbon and nitrogen as titanium carbides or nitrides.
- Better high temperature properties than 304 or 304L. Generally used for parts which are intermittently heated up to 1500 ̊ F. For continuous service the alloy is good to 1650 ̊ F.
- May be susceptible to chloride stress cracking.
- Excellent weldability in field.
- Type 321H has high carbon (.04-.10) for better high temperature creep properties.
|0.08||17.0 – 20.0||2.0||9.0 – 13.0||0.04||0.30||0.75||Trace*|